Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We All Fall Down Sometimes and Cry, But We Get Back Up :)

As my week began I wasn't sure how it was going to go. But, the Lord was there to show me that he's standing right beside me in everything. One of the most important lessons I've learned even in the last day is to let go of what is in the past and focus on what God is bringing to my future. Isaiah 43:17-18 says: "Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing;

now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"
It's as if God was telling me to be quiet and listen. I'm so thankful we serve a God who never gives up on us and never fails us even when we think he has. 
In this past week Amy's personality is really starting to come out and I see a little bubbly little girl who has a smile for anyone she meets whether it be right away or a few minutes down the road. It melt my heart just to see her little smile as I wake up in the morning. It just brings me the reminder of the faithful God we serve. She really brings light to my life when things seem so dark. God knew what I needed in that time of despair in my life.
I was thinking back to a year ago this time of year and there are all good memories! This time last year I had moved in with my best friend and we have some great memories from the time we lived together before she went and got married on me. Like drinking sparkling grape juice every night for a good two weeks. I headed home for Christmas around this time last year and spent some much needed time with my family. While home I got some maternity pictures taken and they turned out great and they're a great reminder of the bond between a mother and her unborn child!
I start my new job tomorrow afternoon and I'm thrilled. My generation it seems doesn't do enough for the older generation who taught our parents how to raise us. We don't appreciate the advice we're given often enough unfortunately because I think if we did we'd be better off. 
Today Amy decide she'd find out how it felt to take a tumble down the stairs. Let's just say she decided she didn't like it too well. Thank the Lord she is all right and as Laurie puts it, its a good think God made babies out of rubber because Lord knows how much they fall. 
At Amy's nine month appointment she weighed in at 22.5 pounds and 30.5 inches with a head circumference of 48 cm if I remember correctly. In other words she's getting big :) She's in the 100 percentile for height and 95 percentile for weight and head circumference. Trying to keep up with her growing with clothes is difficult. 
As we come into the Christmas holiday I'm thankful to have the holidays off this year. I'm happy to be able to spend the holidays in a place that I now call home...Alto. Alto has become my home and family over the past year and a half. God's really blessed me with such a great church that I now look at as family :)
Oh the things that go on here, like finding that a radio station is playing two different songs at the same time haha!
Here's some random photos to leave you with :)

She's a little ham when it comes to the camera!

She got mad when I walked away with the camera haha!


She's so engrossed in her toys :)



Opening her first Christmas present!

Everyone, but Grandpa watching Amy open her present from Grandma!

With a little help she did pretty good with opening her present!

It took a little prompting :P

She was a happy little girl with her present :)

Trying to figure out what it is!



Her present from Grandma!

 She loves her aminals :)

Again she's a ham ball :)

She's got a bubble personality :)

The things I do because I love her like sleep on the living room floor with her!


I'm innocent mom I promise ;)

Hanging out with Grandma and Aunt Carrie while mommy went and ran errands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment