Saturday, May 3, 2014

Phew!

So I never truly understood the book Five Minutes of Peace (I think I got the name right haha), until I had Amy. Just today I was reminded of that book as I spent the 3 hours earlier today while she slept cleaning, cooking, doing laundry oh and did I mention cleaning lol. It was nice just to be able to get something done without little hands trying to help me along the way. But, that book took much greater meaning about ten minutes ago when I finally picked Amy up and put her in her crib with some books, so mommy could regroup! After so many different fits over silly things (yes, I know it comes with the age of 2 unfortunately) this mommy decided it was time for a time out.
I have such a independent little girl who wants to do EVERYTHING by herself. Except when it comes to picking up her toys. I'm just rambling on and on, that's about as much sleep I've had these last few nights as Amy has been struggling to kick this nasty cough and cold she has. Waking up multiple times during the night coughing and gagging from mucus, which in turn scares her. Poor little honey.
I did just weigh and measure her yesterday and she is still off the charts for her age measuring in at 37.5 in or 3ft 1.5in. She's finally kept to her curve of weight staying pretty in between 90 and 95% in her age group weighing in at 32.5lbs. She's definitely a Minnie me in those aspects of childhood. I keep telling her to stop growing because she keeps growing out of so many cute clothes so quickly. I'm hoping she'll still fit into her 4T/5T clothes from this year next year!
I got this memory journal called The Modern Mom's Memory Journal months ago and haven't ever started it. So today as I came across it I decided I'd do this journal here on my blog. It's a daily journal so we'll see how I keep up with it and it's already Saturday so, I'm just going to do everyday up until Saturday since today is obviously Saturday lol. All these questions are meant to be answered about Amy obviously :)

What was the cutest thing my child did today?
Oh boy, this could be tough haha. Well I'd say the cutest thing Amy did today was say her prayers at lunch time. It's always so precious to watch her fold her little hands and pray before she eats. What's even cuter is when she scolds me if I forget to prayer with her before we start eating. She'll say "mommy pray," it's enough just to melt a mommy's heart :) The Bible tells us we should be like infants who long for milk, likewise we should long for spiritual milk. Seeing my little girl pray just reminds me of that every time. Reminds me that I need to become more fervent in prayer, more fervent in my trusting, and more fervent in my listening. I just can't resist from sharing one more cute thing she did today. She came up to me and asked me to tiss (aka kiss) her knee after she realized she had an owie from outside. I've discovered kissing the owie makes it feel all better in their minds :) Only if it lasts forever! Well at least I can wish :)

What did my kid smell like today?
Hmmm, I'm not sure you want me to go into all the things she smelled like today. The list could get rather long and a little disgusting for those with weak stomachs, so we'll just leave it at that.

How much sleep did I get last night?
Roughly 7.5, but there were definitely a few interruptions in there, so I'd say more like 6ish hours.

The funniest thing my child did today was?
She gets so excited when she sees grandma and grandpa. It's so cute to watch her run up to her grandma and give her big hugs or play coy with grandpa and run away (so he'll chase her of course). Laurie called me up this afternoon asking if it was ok if she stopped by before she headed back home from being out and about today. So, when she pulled up I'm back putting laundry away and here runs Amy yelling "mama, mama, mama here." She calls grandma "mama," grandpa "papa," and me "mommy or mom." It's just so great to see the love of God shown through the wonderful couple who have become mom and dad, and taken on the role of grandma and grandpa. God truly gives others a heart to serve in their own special ways.

I did laugh today because of all the silly things Amy did, and all the memories I've been reminiscing in my head. Hmmm, don't they say being in your own head is dangerous sometimes :)

What did I do today that made my child laugh?
Well I always tickle Amy in the morning when she first wakes up to make sure we start off our days with a smile on our face. God didn't make mouths that smile, so that we could sit around and pout all day.

If I could go back in time, what's one thing I'd "do over" today?
Questions like this sometime annoy me because in all reality I wouldn't change a thing. I got to spend time with my God given blessing, and some time with both my mom and dad today. Everyday shapes us more and more into the image that God is creating, and perfecting. We make mistakes, we fall, we stumble, but tomorrow is a new day to start fresh and strive to do better.

Today I wished that I was my child's age so that I could...
Take a three hour nap and play all day! But unfortunately I'm not 2 so there was plenty of housework to get finished and clothes to wash.

The mealtime breakdown:
0% splattered against the wall
0% hidden in the napkin
0% fed to the dog (mainly due to the fact we have no dog)
10% eating by my kid
90% Other...left in the bowl

What's one thing my child did today that will embarrass her when she's a teenager?
Hmmm...I'm not sure there is anything that would embarrass her at least not yet.

Today's "Bad Mom" moment
I lost my patience with her whining and crying that instead of taking the time to try and decipher why she was whining I just put her in her bed.

Based on my child's behavior today, I am sure he or she will grow up to be:
A mix between a political pundit (so loud and fussy!) and an olympic sprinter (always on the go!). But truly I think she'll end up an engineer or something with a complicated degree lol. Don't all parents say that haha :)

What's one lie I told my kid today?
None, I try my hardest not to lie to her. Lieing (I"m not sure that that's even the plural of lie) to her would promote it and I definitely do not promote lieing.

If a TV camera crew followed me around all day filming, they'd be filming?
A hardworking mom show like nothing ever seen before.

My child's favorite toy this week was her books. She LOVES to sit and read her books and have her books read to her.

The food my child asked for most this week was juice (I"m not sure if that counts as a food or not, but in my book it does) and I didn't give it to her all the time because too much juice makes for loose diapers.

My favorite mom activity is reading Amy her Bible story because I get to teach someone new Bible stories. I get to teach her about the love God has for his children, what Jesus did for us, and everything that led up to where we are now :)

Who was my parenting role model today?
My own momma was my parenting role model today. Even though I don't agree with everything she did when raising us, I can see the reasoning's behind it now that I have a daughter of my own. She was just trying to protect us and keep us safe.

If my child remembers one thing about today, I hope she remembers that I love her with all my heart.

Well off to our mommy daughter date :)


No comments:

Post a Comment