Wednesday, September 26, 2012

God's Life to Live Not Mine!


I forever hear that it is my life I will do what I want. However, in reality, it is not our life to live and NO; we cannot do what we want. Our lives are meant to be lived according to God's word. I am so grateful that God found a way to bring me back to the wonder of His grace. I was a sinner saved by the blood of Jesus and the grace of God. It always amazes me how God can love a wee sinner like me, but then I read his word and I know that I don't need to understand, I just need to realize that my life is to be lived to show the wonder of his glory and grace. I just love being able every morning to sit down and have the freedom to read my Bible and study the word and instruction God has given to us. Lord willing I will be able to make that forever covenant with God on the weekend of November 17 and 18th and I can't even express how ecstatic I am about that weekend. 
It has been wonderful studying the book of Colossians with a group of women online. I never realized how much one verse could affect a person one way in his or her life while affecting someone else in a different way. Today we read in Colossians 1:19-20 and it speaks so much about how We have to truly be willing to allow God to live through us and shine through us. You know we have to reach out to the lost and obey all Gods commands to us whether they are great or small. There is no picking and choosing. God gives us that peace in our hearts that just strengthens every time we do what he asks without questioning him. We are only given that peace in our hearts because God was willing to give up his son for us. That was the ultimate gift to us and the ultimate price. What are we doing in return to thank God?  I'm just really enjoying reading this book so far and I'm sure as the study goes on I will continue to enjoy it. 
Amy just continues to be Amy. She scoots around so quickly that she gets to the other side of the room almost quicker than a baby that crawls does. It is amazing how much she can get into already. She has managed to crumple up quite a few pages in Laurie's hymnbook due to being too quick. I had to literally clear everything but her toys off the floor today to keep her from getting into things. Well this post is rather short due to me needing to pack for the weekend trip to Taylor, MO, which I am rather excited about :) Hope everyone has a blessing filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment