Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Blessings Continue


In these past couple of weeks, I just feel as if I haven't stopped moving. Whether it's doing something here at home or out doing something elsewhere, I haven't stopped and given myself time to do a lot of thinking, praying, or meditating. Oh, how dangerous that can become if you let your life go on for too long like that. We all have busy schedules no doubt. Some more than others, but we MUST take time out of our busy schedules to make time for God. If we don't we, risks falling back into the past, back into that sin that we strive so hard to stay away from. 
I just realized yesterday that a year ago this weekend was when I started going to Alto church. It's so weird to think it has been that long already. A lot of people ask me why I moved to Michigan and a year ago I couldn't tell you, but today I can tell you that I moved to Michigan because that's where God led me to go. Even though I wasn't a Christian and didn't stop and listen to God for the most part, I somehow decided to listen to his calling for me to go to Michigan. Boy am I glad I did too. Alto is my home, and every person in church is like family to me. 
Last weekend Amy and I went to Taylor, MO. It took a lot of convincing to get me to go due to my eeriness of how people were going to take that I had a child. I had absolutely nothing to be worried about because God worked everything out. I stayed with an awesome couple, who ironically she was originally from Tremont (which is where I am from) and she joined the church as a single mom too. It was nice just to talk to someone else who had been in the same place that I am. I met some other awesome people, some other sisters who joined as single moms and even a dad who joined as a single dad. I didn't feel an ounce of judgment from anyone and that was definitely just a God thing. I can't thank God enough for the wonderful weekend I had.
As the day of my baptism continues to get closer, I'm becoming more, more excited, and less and less nervous. God is just continuing to strengthen my peace day after day. Only 42 more days :) Not that I'm counting. 
Amy is just continuing to grow and do more things. She had her six month checkup (even though she was 7 months on the 4th) yesterday. She weighs in now at 19lbs 15oz and 29 in long with a head circumference of 42 I believe. She wears 12-18 month clothes for the most part, but still fits into some of her 6-9 month clothes. She got four shots yesterday that included her flu shot and it hasn't been a fun past 18 hours. She never got cranky with her other shots, but this time that wasn't the case. Let's just say last night was a rather long night. 

I'm going to get that ball if it's the last thing I do :)

She loved chasing that ball across the floor

I will just take a minute and pose for a picture :)

She's figured out how to take the wooden piece out of the slider.

Aaron was trying to get Amy to crawl. 
I think she's going to walk before crawling 

Got some bed head going on :)

She likes eggs

Definitely become a poser for pictures

By what we have for dinner tells you if Terry is home or not :P

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Kasi. I sure don't want to be too busy to give Time to GOD.

    ReplyDelete