Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fun, Serious and Grateful :)


Well, Amy is continuing to get cuter and cuter every day. As if that's even possible, not that this mommy is partial at all. She has learned to smack her lips together this week and it’s so darn adorable. As she has discovered how to scoot herself around she keeps getting into more and more things. It looks like we're going to have to start baby proofing things. Typically when she wakes up from her afternoon nap Grandpa (aka Terry) is home so her crying from waking up alone in the room soon ceases as mommy says, "Grandpa's home. Should we go find grandpa" that cry soon turns in to a smile as we travel up the stairs to find Grandpa who she loves and adores so much. She loves hanging out with Grandma in the mornings when mommy is at work, or mommy needs to get things done. This mommy looks forward to getting home every day from work and spending time with her precious little girl :) Grandma and Grandpa love hanging out with Amy too :)  As I continue on in life myself I find myself at a crossroad of life. Having passed my CNA exam last Wednesday I seek out a job in the health care field. I applied for a job at Saint Mary's Medical Center the day before taking my exam to be a PCA (Patient Care Assistant) which is just like a CNA without the certificate. I got called on Monday about the job and am uber excited in continuing in the process of possible getting hired. Next Friday I go and do testing to make sure I'm competent enough to work there (not that I have any doubt that I am). As of right now I just continue to work at the Farmstand and will continue to seek God's guidance in the future to come.
I was thinking these past few days of all the people that have influenced my life both past and present. I realized I can't count those people on my fingers and toes combined. God has definitely blessed me with some wonderful people in my life. There's one particular person that God has shown me this week how much she's been there throughout my time here in Michigan, my pregnancy and now even as I raise Amy. I'm not afraid to go to her for advice on different things about Amy and when I should start this or that. Bekah Plattner you've never ceased to amaze me throughout the whole time I've been up here. You were among the first to invite me over for dinner (outside of Laurie, but she met me first I believe :P). You were the first that I discussed the fact that I was going to do adoption when I moved up here. You weren't judgmental about a single thing past or present. When I started repenting I was at your house watching the most adorable boy alive :) When I started repenting you made it a point to talk to me every week to see how I was doing. When I decided to keep Amy you were right there to help me get the things I needed and to plan a baby shower. You were there the day Amy Joy was born and you were there to cut her umbilical cord. You're Auntie Bekah now, tomorrow and forever and don't you forget that. When I went through some rough times this spring you were there to listen, give advice and just be a friend. I couldn't think of a more perfect person for God to give me at the more perfect time. I thank God for your everyday and thank Him for the friendship he has given me. You're one of my greatest role models and one of the few people that I have utter most respect for. I love you, Titus and your dorky husband Aaron :) you guys are the best!
As part of the baby book Bekah gave me for Amy was a notebook with different prayers and verses personalized with Amy's name in them. As I was reading through them today I came across one that as Amy wakes up everyday it's as if she's waking up with this attitude:
May Amy wake each day with an attitude that says, "This is the day the Lord has made, 
Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Help her to sing a new song and may her mouth be 
Filled with laughter and be ready to proclaim what the Lord has done for Amy. May 
Amy shout for joy to the Lord, Worship Him and come before Him with joyful song.
Psalms 118:24, 126:2, 100:1-2
Every morning Amy wakes up with a smile on her face and a giggle out her mouth. Though she cries at first when she wakes up from a nap there is soon a smile on her face when you pick her up. She brings joy to my life, and makes me shout for joy to the Lord that he gave me this wonderful blessing. 



 Having fun in St. Joe's, MI with the 2nd family :)
 She looks like she stuck her finger in a light socket :P
 She finally warmed up to Derek by mid afternoon on Saturday!
 She loves herself her Grandpa :)
 Eating a Lemon :)
 This was right before Amy started crying because she realized Derek had her. *Note Derek and Carrie are siblings*
 Having fun at the beach :)
 Hanging out at the beach with Grandpa :)
 She's a beach girl :)
May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You
 Grandpas teaching her to drive already AHHH!!!
 Look mom I can do a summer sault :)
She's such a cheese ball lately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment